Annoying Problem (Firefox?)

neilinoz

This is really annoying. Can someone help me? I have had this problem now for 3-4 months at least.

It occurs usually while I am running Firefox. Since I have multiple tabs open I sometimes need to close them using the Red "x" at the top right hand corner of the browser (the one that closes the tabs). As my mouse arrow goes up there, the entire screen disappears as I then move to Dektop no.3 (I always have Firefox open in desktop no.2).

Eventually I worked out the problem - something about my mouse gesture moving up and to the right hand side of the screen tells the computer to change desktops. I experimented with this and found that if I kept doing it I would eventually cycle through all of my desktops (A total of 5). Further experimentation showed that if I do a gesture of up and to the left, I cycle backwards.

I changed something the KDE control center that I thought might make a difference but it didn't:

System --> KHotKeys --> Gestures Setting --> Disable mouse gestures globally (crossed)

Any ideas? I run KDE 3.2.3

Hi! Well, I think that you have set windows so that the borders are active. Sorry, but cause my system is finnish I'm not sure what all is in english system, but I'm trying to tell where to look. In KDE control center go to system/window behavior and there at the last tab see what is selected on active window frames. If there is something else than off, try what happens if you change it to off.