installing courier-imap and courier-authlib

aioshin

I am trying to install the package courier-imap, though I am able to install it, when trying to install the package courier-autlib-mysql, i got problem.. see below

urpmi courier-authlib-mysql

The following packages have to be removed for others to be upgraded:

courier-imap-3.0.8-5mdk.i586 (due to conflicts with courier-authdaemond)

courier-imap-mysql-3.0.8-5mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied courier-imap == 3.0.8-5mdk)

courier-imap-pop-3.0.8-5mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied courier-imap == 3.0.8-5mdk) (y/N) n

I had just configure urpmi media awhile ago, i add the main, updates and contrib... also I remove my cd drive so there is no local media involved, anyway, courier is in contrib..

how should I fix this? when I say yes on that, courier will become useless

a help is very much appreciated.. TIA

edit: I have done this on a centos box, though I have to build those package from source, but it works, now I'd like to try it on mandriva2005, coz I found out that almost all packages that I needed are already there in the contrib... so I wont need to build those package from source again...

Edited by aioshin

ok, I solved the problem, I guess, for a while... what I did was, Installed the courier-authlib that comes from the contrib, then download the latest courier-imap source from sourceforge and rpmbuild it. These solves the conflict between courier-imap and courier authlib.. the latest courier-imap that I downloaded from sourceforge is ver. 4.0.3 and it did not conflict with the courier-authlib (0.55) that comes from contrib when installed, but the courier-imap ver 3.xx currently in contrib really impossible to install due to conflicts that I encountered as mentioned above....

maybe that package should be updated on MDVLE2005

:)

oh, I give-up on this.. maybe I'd rather stick to centos as my mailserver host, coz really lots of problem I encountered when trying it on MDVLE 2005... my plan is to build a POstfix-courier mailserver with mysql support but failed :angry: to make it... on mdvle2005.. :wall: . but it works nice on my centosbox....well, still.... my mdk10.1 as desktop rocks !!! :)

Edited by aioshin