Can't Update Files

lakelover

I've been trying to update Quanta. I've downloaded the latest version of Quanta but I can't get it installed. I seem to be missing ./configure script. So, I've tried updating KDE files and I keep getting an error message saying the media manager is not properly configured, or the service is busy and try later. Once-in-awhile, I am able to make it into the update window and do some updates but most of the time I can't. What do you suppose is happening and what should I do to get the config file working? I've tried searches here and find a number of updating problems but I haven't found a solution.

Back to installing Quanta. . . I'm following the instructions in the Quanta read file and nothing seems to work as it's supposed to. Apparently there is supposed to be a Makefile.cvs but it doesn't show up when I search the Quanta files. I'd appreciate it if somebody good give me some steering on this. I'm running Mandriva 10.2

Jerry