Firefox fails to connect after reboot [Solved]

Edd

As the subject of this thread fits my problem, I shall post my problem here. Basically Firefox won't connect to the web. Mozilla will, perfectly but Mozilla won't. Few things that have happened though:

1. I download a tar.gz copy of 1.0.4 off of Mozilla's site, I installed it and it worked but when I rebooted it stopped working (it would appear in the task bar saying "Opening Firefox" then just dissapear and never load).

2. I tried to uninstall it all and reinstall. If I try and install from a tar.gz Firefox file now I get this error:

[root@localhost firefox-installer]# ./firefox-installer

SCIM: im_module_init

free(): invalid pointer 0x820d110!

free(): invalid pointer 0x820d0e8!

./firefox-installer: line 56: 6889 Segmentation fault ./${BIN

(That error appears when I click "forward" on the first page of the installer for Firefox).

3. I managed to install an rpm of 1.0.2 it loads, but it won't connect to the web.

Hopefully someone can lend me a hand with this one because I am rather stumped!

Thanks a lot :)

Edited by Edd

Done it! If anyone else is having a similar problem, the link below will show you how to fix it. The fix works with anything that gives the error I outlined above, I had to use it for Thunderbird too.

http://www.scim-im.org/wiki/faq/gtk_gnome/why_firefox_mozilla_acrobat_reader_7_other_gtk_2_based_apps_can_not_be_installed
_started

Edited by Edd