Gaim protocols not showing up... [solved]

Aomighty

Hi. I recently installed Gaim 1.3.1 on Mandrake 10.1 using urpmi. Anyway, when I installed it and tried to add an account, the only account types listed were:

Gadu-Gadu

IRC

Napster

Zephyr

However, I don't use any of those (I use AIM and Yahoo). How can I get it to have those types of accounts listed, like it seems like it should? Do I need another package or something?

Btw, during install it gave me no errors. Also, I've already uninstalled the Kopete that came with Mandrake, in case that could have caused problems.

Thanks.

Edited by Ao the Unstoppable

I had this once, and it was because I installed Gaim from the wrong urpmi sources. Check that your sources are for 10.1, and reset if they aren't and try again, and you should be fine.

Well, earlier I had accidentally set it to Mandriva 2005 whereas it should've been 10.0, and I figured since I had uninstalled and reinstalled, it'd be fine. But, the dependencies will still be the wrong version. That's probably why my reinstalled GIMP doesn't work either. I'll see if taking away the dependencies too will fix it.

I got GAIM to work with an older 10.1 version off the net for now however.

[EDIT] I tried doing as I said, and it fixed the GIMP, but not GAIM. I'll just use the older version of GAIM.

Edited by Ao the Unstoppable