Dual boot on Dell GX270 [solved]

philip101a

Alongside my old Compag 5100 dual processor (running Mandrake 9.2 ) now have Dell GX270 with 74GB HD. which I loaded with Mandrake 10.1 CE with no problems. Am toying with idea of putting Win 98SE onto this machine in some of the surplus space.. What sort of problems am I likely to encounter? Tks in advance for any suggestions.

Phil

As ddmcse says or you will have nothing but troubles.

In addition to that I would strongly recommend that you use Mandriva 10.1 Official Edition instead of Community edition which was basically a pre-release to enable users to test for and report bugs.

Better yet try to get your hands on Mandriva 2005-LE, even better again.

Cheers. John.

to get your hands on Mandriva 2005-LE, even better again.

Well noted AJ . Will order up DVD of 2005LE . Will have to delete 10.1 CE in anycase to load Win 98SE. Have to say that I downloaded the updates to 10.1 and have been impressed by the quantity and quality of the programmes available. Have also to say that MDK 9.2 been running for 18months with only one small aggravation caused by my own stupidity. Shall have no option but to leave 9.2 exactly as it is on the Compaq 5100 as my wife will in no way accept any variation from the profile she has at present .

Thanks for your advice - also to DDMcse

Phil