Using Hostap with SMC2532W-B [solved]

geden

I posted another thread stating I had this working , and indeed I did but I tried to repeat the process on another machine and I just can't get it going...I've followed the hostap guidelines. Basically I start from a clean LM10.1 pp default install....install the kernel source, symlink to the source, download latest hostap driver, untar , make, make install,and edit my etc/pcmcia/hostap_config to include the output from cardctl info...everything seems to go smoothly to this point, then I'll reboot to force all the new configs to be read but wlan0 never appears as a choice in wireless network configurations in the mandrake control center. This is VERY important for me as I just started a small WISP and was using a YDI (terrabeam) access point but it just got fried by lighting a couple days ago and at over $600 a unit I'm not inclined to buy another. If anybody out there can help me out with this I would be greatly appreciative. Just point me to something that works. I feel like I 'm just running in circles. :wall:

:thanks:

Edited by geden

It's finally working again..I'm not sure there isn't an issue with which kernel thats being loaded. On my last attempt I installed LM 9.2 (2.4 kernel, no other choice available in distro), configured hostap then upgraded to LM 10.1 pp.. maybe a bug in the 2.6.8-12mdk kernel.

Edited by geden