Inconsistent font behavior in 9.1beta

Guest wilburpan

Guest wilburpan

I have been trying out MDK 9.1b2 and wanted to know if there was anyone else with font issues.

Iwant to add some Adobe Type1 fonts that I have on my Windows partition. As far as I can tell, there are three areas where I can/need to install fonts:

1. using Drakfont

2. using the KDE font manager

3. using the OpenOffice spadmin command.

I have not had good success with these options. Drakfont consistently crashes whe I try to add fonts. The KDE font manager will add fonts but I get unexpected behavior. For example, I added the Futura font set (regular, light, bold,italics, etc). When I try to select Futura as a font, instead of the regular font being displayed, I will get the italicized version. OpenOffice gives me a similar problem -- selecting a font from the font menu from within OOo Write often gives me a variant of the font rather than the base font itself.

I have done a clean install of 9.1 beta 1 and 2, and consistently get the same behavior.

Any suggestions?

I never got even that far, trying to add windows fonts just brings me back to the same window.

Try ing to read the posts in this forum is really hard, there so small and obscured. Typical beta stuff. It will get fixed. remember as well that this beta is using a beta version of XFree.

Hey, but don't the folders and stuff look cool in KDE, very impressive.