PHP Web Development

I'm thinking of getting into PHP, but I don't know anything about it if I was to be honest. HTML, etc, is OK, because most of it you can do WYSIWYG.

Is there anything out there that allows you to do PHP with WYSIWYG editors, or not? If so, this would at least give me a start, and allow me to learn a bit more about it, without having to go too much into coding right now.

i like to use an app , it's geared towards databases . Codecharge

writes just about any database into PHP, ASP, JSP, Perl, ColdFusion, ASP.NET.

it's really slick .

http://www.yessoftware.com/products/produc...hp?product_id=1

bummer is : its on windows platform and cost some cash .

well you should go have a look at PHP in www.php.net, in the "downloads" section

I'm coding PHP right now and I can't imagine how or why you would want a WYSIWYG app for it. It's a scripting language, kinda like Javascript, except it works server-side. I've never seen a WYSIWYG javascript app, much less a php one...

If you want, learning CSS can help in pretty webpages (lots of websites use this now, even if just in-line CSS)...PHP just adds functionality that used to be the job of cgi-bin...like form handling, blogs, message boards, etc.

i believe it can be also used as a general-purpose interpreted language, much like Perl is. There's even a PHP-GTK library if you want to write some GUI apps.

OK, I figured there might not be anything for it. I'll have a look at the website you suggest, for more info.

Will prob take me a while to get into it, but I'll persevere! :P

In case you're interested, I'll release my framework under the GPL licence (hence free) this week-end, having done the basic documentation. Modules are only documented in French for now though. This all takes an amazing amount of time :o !

http://yves.gablin.club.fr/pc/www.php

This is what a page might look like using my framework:

<?php
$require = 'begin,mainmenu,notes,end';
require_once('../_php/init.php');

echo_begin('Hello World!');
echo_mainmenu();
?>
<h1>Hello, this is my welcome page</h1>
<p class="noteform">Let me know what you think of this site:</p>
<?php
echo_notes();
echo_end();
?>

Yves.

there are tons of books out for it too. googling php and functions together tells you so much about php it's really not funny. i've been learning too. there are some web tutorials out there. take a look at those.

I had forgotten about this topic... hence I posted a new topic in WorkBench. So in case you're interested, and you're following this topic, ianw1974, I inform you that the release I planned is done now, though not 100% yet, because I still have 5 modules to release, after their documentation is done (at least in French; translation work is still in progress).

Yves.

Hi Yves, great, thanks for that, I've been following everything :P including your post that you released in Workbench.

I'll have a read-up on it all, and have checked out more on your website too. Keep me posted either here, or PM once the translation stuff has occurred, and I'll see if I can get it to work!

Ian