Mandrake Terminal Server & DHCP

isaac_golding

I recently just setup the Mandrake flavor of Terminal server in hope of using it with various workstations in the house as an aternative to VNC or dual boot.

I setup the server based on all of the mandrake/(ugh mandriva) defaults. I went on and made a boot CD with the proper network card image (3c90x) and The workstation boots just fine from the cd and the first request goes out to dhcpd, dhcpd responds and gives it the proper IP address and hands the client the kernel image to boot from next. The image loads and starts doing its thing and then goes back and asks for a dhcp asignment from the server. (which is what its supposed to do) and this is where the problem begins.

At this point the client says something along the following:

warning, m

debug, attempting to discover

and goes through the process of trying to get its ip about 6 times and then fails out.

I checked the server logs for the server as the client was booting and i get the following.

Apr 30 06:10:44 deepscout dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:10:5a:2a:14:7b via eth0

Apr 30 06:10:44 deepscout dhcpd: DHCPOFFER on 192.168.2.12 to 00:10:5a:2a:14:7b via eth0

Apr 30 06:10:44 deepscout dhcpd: DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.2.12 (192.168.2.5) from 00:10:5a:2a:14:7b via eth0

Apr 30 06:10:44 deepscout dhcpd: DHCPACK on 192.168.2.12 to 00:10:5a:2a:14:7b via eth0

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

:wall: