k3b multisession howto [solved]

aioshin

• 4 months later...

just downloaded and install nerolinux and it solves my problem mentioned here (should have done this sometime ago)... though I have k3b 0.12.2 installed, but still failed to continue session but with nerolinux it was able to detect the previous session.... and the good thing here.. after doing a new session from nerolinux on that same CDR, k3b can now also continue another session...

NeroLinux 2 is really pretty good. It's replaced k3b as my default GUI burner. Anyone disappointed by the original NeroLinux they were giving away a while back (an aplha or beta version just to test the Linux waters) should give NeroLinux 2 a chance. It doesn't do everything NeroWin does, but it's only $20.

Hmm, but if K3B does everything (and then some) that I want in a burn program, should I still shell out 20$ for Nero?

My guess is: no.

I'm sorry, but Nero was too late to the party.

All the companies that make mainstream apps who didn't find Linux interesting before are going to have a hard time now that Linux is surpassing Apple in user numbers. Look at acrobat reader and kpdf. Acrobat writer vs OOo writer.

What's not to like with the free programs that are included with any regular linux distro?

My point is: many software vendors just didn't find Linux interesting enough, but Linux is growing anyway. It is growing since people are finding what they need. So they don't need other stuff, like Nero burning. Sure, in a few cases it may be handy, but generally people will not need it.

Edited by aRTee

Well, I was never really knocked out by k3b anyway, I kept finding myself still using BashBurn a lot 'cause GUI apps still kinda drive me nuts. But I antied up the $20 for NeroLinux for 3 main reasons:

1. Since I use Nero in Win, to have a more consistent UI going from from Win to Linux.

2. Show support for software makers trying to get serious about supporting Linux.

3. Allowed me to finally uninstall friggin' KDE.