Hello

addr

Hello everybody!

After 2 1/2 days of caffeine soaked effort I am finally in. I am talking about the modem.

I was hoping that somebody would tell me simply how you make the changes in Konqueror stick.

I can't find how to make a home page, I can't find how to make Konqueror dial out and I can't understand how to make a connection to these things if I log in as root.

I am sorry if this is too simple but any changes I make are lost on next boot so I am obviously not in root.

It must be easy but I have tried maybe ten times and after the marathon with the modem, I am ready to give up. Be glad of some help here.

Sandy

First of all, Konqueror is a browser, not a modem dialler. Tools for jobs, that's the Linux way :). You dial with a dialler (for instance, kpp), then browse with a browser.

You don't need to log in as root for 'changes' to the desktop environment. What changes, precisely, are you trying to make?

Can someone who uses KDE help him set a homepage in Konq? I don't.

Setting a home page in Konqeror.

Open up konqueror and go to your choosen home page, then click on "settings" and select "Save view profile- "webbrowsing"

Done !

If you want to edit the default home page, then open a consol (su to root) and type:

vi ///usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html

or you can use Kate or any other editor.