Does 10.1 still render Windows XP unbootable?

Uiler

Just before I download the Mandrake 10.1 DVD iso and possibly destroy my download quota for the month, I was wondering if Mandrake 10.1 still had that bug in 10.0 that rendered Windows XP unbootable (yes I know it's Window's fault and it's reading the disk geometry badly etc. but you know what I mean). Note this only occurs IF you use the partitioning tools in the installer to write the partition table to the hard drive so please don't respond with "Yes it worked fine for me" unless you (1) started with a Windows XP installation and no Linux partition and (2) used the Mandrake 10.1 installer partitioning tool to create the Linux partitions since this is the only time the problem occurs. Otherwise your assurance that it works fine is misleading.

No, that bug was fixed very shortly after it was discovered.

Also, 10.2 (actually, Mandriva Linux 2005 Limited Edition - name and release cycle change) should be out to the public within a week or two, so you may want to hold off until then. Just my suggestion.