SSH server config problem?

linux_jester

I've successfully installed open SSH server on a MDK 10.1. It starts fine and I have no problems connecting to it from another client on my local home network. When I try connecting from work my session appears to hang just after I've entered my password with my connection eventually timing out.

Looking at the system log I find the following entries:

Apr 12 22:29:39 checker sshd[27542]: Accepted password for kevin from ::ffff:111.111.111.111 port 35356 ssh2
Apr 12 22:29:39 checker sshd[27542]: Address 111.111.111.111 maps to 111.co.uk, but this does not map back to the address - POSSIBLE BREAKIN ATTEMPT!

*IP address and URL changed.

From this I understand that the reverse and corresponding forward lookups that SSH performs are not matching so it's seen as a breach attempt.

I've checked the DSN and performed independent reverse and forward lookups using tools on the web and the log entries are correct.

Is there any way that I can work around this so I can connect to my home machine from work?

Many thanks.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

It's not a firewall issue or he'd never be able to talk to the server at all.

OP - sorry, I'm not at a Linux machine right now (I'm at my other job) so I can't be more specific, but check /etc/ssh/sshd.conf and see if there's an option to disable this check.