mdk10.0 upgrade of kde 3.3

aioshin

it was running 3.2 then, but upon knowing that a kde-3.3-thac is available, so I tried or did upgrade the kde packages hoping that since it is for mdk 10.0 it should work fine, but after successfully installing those packages, upon loading the DM, it just freeze, so I've tried to find the remaining 3.2 packages, and replace those with equivalent 3.3, but still does not work, keyboard is dead, and the box used to be an ltsp server for a thin client connecting on it, but after that upgrade of kde, ltsp does not work anymore, iits like that the server becomes so slow that loading the ltsp kernel is very slow or wont be able to load at all.... right now, I still try to correct the problem, maybe I´ ll reinstall the 3.2 package... anyone here successfully installed kde 3.3 on mdk 10.0 OE? or have similar problem and been able to resolved it?

:help: and :thanks: in advance

sorry, ignore the old post, thought you were trying to upgrade kde on 10.1

Not a clue. best I can offer, log into IceWM or failsafe, open up mcc, and remove all kde packages. search for kde and check all.

Then you can take a clean run at 3.3 or back down to 3.2

Normaly, I'd reccomend you try 10.1 and update to kde 3.4, but with 10.2 coming any day, that would realy be a waste of time.

Edited by VeeDubb

thanks for d reply, with regards to repositories, I'm aware of it, Im using 3.4 on my mdk 10.1, of course, thanks to thac, I dunno if thac already has a 3.4 for 10.0, that was why I only been able to choose the 3.3, anyway Im trying right now to remove all kde packages and will try to reinstall it as what youve said

Well, I know that will work, e4ven if you are forced back down to the versionf on the CD's. I'd hoped someone might come along with a more subtle solution, but in the absence of a skillful fix, brute force will get the job done.