Need help with KDE 3.4!

Guest marcopela

Guest marcopela

Hi everyone!!

Not quite sure whre to post this question, I put it here...

I've just installed KDE 3.4, combining Thac's rpms with adamw's "easy urmpi" (thanks to both guys!!).

I've made "urpmi kdebase" and "urpmi kdemultimedia"... What packages I need to install too??

Oh, and, strange thing: now I installed KDE 3.4, my mouse wheel works for changing web pages I visited instead of scrolling up & down...

Thanks to all for the answers... and please bear with me, I'm a newbie!! =)

Regards,

Marco =)

You are not required to install anything else. You will probably want to install

kdeartwork

kdemoreartwork

kdemultimedia

kdegames

and a few others, but only if you want them on your computer.

As for the wheel. I've had some odd problems with mice since the upgrade. My Wacom Tablet no longer works, and my trackball forget's it's wheel setting on reboot, and I have to go back and change it in in the mandrake control center. I'm working on that tonight, and if I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you know.

Well, I was wrong about switching DMs. By all apearances, that was a fluke. My xorg.con keeps getting re-written on re-boot too. It's a smallish problem, but I have to start in runlevel 3, log in as root, edit my xorg.conf, service dm start.

It kind of sucks. Anybody has a clue, I'd love to hear it.

Open a console, log in as root and type: konqueror. Browse to /etc/Xorg and rightclick xorg.conf. Click 'properties' and go to the tab 'acces rights'. Make the wile read-only. (disclaimer: translated from Dutch so actual words can be different)

PS: you can use chmod for this (but I always forget the number combinations)