Tips&Tricks rpmdrake / urpmi fix

aru

Dutch

Frequent user

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:53 pm Post subject: rpmdrake / urpmi fix

Some people have been getting an error message when trying to use some of the Software utilities in Mdk 9 Control Centre - messages like

'Everything already installed......'etc.

With the help of MandrakeExpert and MandrakeClub, I've found out that there is a bug in Mdk 9 Standard edition and the fix is to do the 'urpmi.update cdrom8' shown on the errata page. The errata doesn't explain the symptom very clearly and a few of us thought it referred to another problem.....

Unfortunately on some packages you may get asked for the Supplementary Applications CD, which doesn't come with Standard Edition - another part of the bug, I guess. Sad

HTH

Dutch

bvc81

Eric

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:14 am Post subject:

Got a link? Not to the errata.

Dutch

Frequent user

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:23 pm Post subject:

Unfortunately one of the two links is an archived incident on MandrakeExpert - which went through all the possible urpmi fixes - not sure if you can access it?

The MandrakeClub forums seem to be inaccessible at the moment (at least from here) but I think it is under the i586 thread - 'rpmdrake broken' or similar title. As soon as I can access it I'll post the link.

Essentially, running the fix on the Mdk9 errata page gets rid of the 'everything installed' message, but creates a minor problem if you've got the Standard edition. But at least rpmdrake works now Smile

Dutch

Editor's note: This thread was originally posted at the old MUB (Mandrake User Board at club-nihil). This post is the result of a 99% automatic backup, so due to its nature some text may be lost (improbable but possible).