Tips&Tricks i810 GraKa under LM

aru

qeldroma

Frequent user

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:40 pm Post subject: i810 GraKa under LM

I had severe troubles getting it working flawlessly.

Some things i found out by now:

First of all, the graka shares the memory with the mobo. That's why you have to tell the kernel NOT to use all the memory available.

- Open /etc/lilo.conf, find the line "append=" and add "mem=xxM", where xx is the available memory reduced by the size of the graka-memory.

This is a difficult point, because i810 was build with different memory allocations, so you HAVE TO refer to your manual, to find out how much it needs (4 up to 16 MB).

Then you have to look after a kernel-modul called "agpgart", which is needed for the graka.

- Open /etc/modules.conf, and look if it is included, else put it in, similar to the other modules.

With this, i got some machines working perfectly, one can start the X-Server only once, after killing the X-Server, i can't get it working until a reboot, but could be a technical problem.

Editor's note: This thread was originally posted at the old MUB (Mandrake User Board at club-nihil). This post is the result of a 99% automatic backup, so due to its nature some text may be lost (improbable but possible).