Korganizer-Kontact Date formats

riseringseeker

I am putting my contacts (e-mail, snailmail, phones, b'days, etc.) in Kontact, but can't seem to figure out how to set the default format for dates in Kontact.

I've tried to import all the data using a CSV file I saved from a OpenOffice spreadsheet. Cutting and pasting the info from various sources into the spreadsheet, saving to a CVS file and importing that into Kontact resulted in 4 different date formats being used by kontact. All the dates in the CVS file were in mm/dd/yyyy format.

When I open the contact (edit), the birthday shows, but the anniversary does not, though both show in the summary, and in the calendar/alerts.

When I try to simply enter a date in the "New Contact"-"Details" as mm/dd/yyyy it refuses it saying that I must enter a valid date.

Where do I (or can I) set the default date format for entries in Kontact? I would prefer mm/dd/yyyy, but am currently getting yyyy-mm-dd, dd.mm.yyyy, mm/dd/yy (wrong century), and one other I forgot what is/

Try the KDE control center, region & accacibility, country, tab time and date.

That is set correctly (or should I say the way I prefer it?).

When the dates are imported via a CVS file the birthdays and anniversaries come out formatted the way I prefer (mm/dd/yyyy) - but - when I open one of those contacts with the editor, ("edit contact"-"details"), the birthday shows properly, but the anniversary does not show at all. The anniversaries *do* show on the calendar/alerts properly though, even though it is not shown by the editor!

When I manually enter a birthday (either by editing an existing file, or creating a new one), it comes out in the desired format (mm/dd/yyyy), however, when I enter the anniversary in exactly the same manner, it comes out formatted as yyyy-mm-dd.

My question is, is there a separate place to format (the anniversary) date *within* Kontact/Korganizer that is not affected by the system setting, and if so where is it?