Tips&Tricks StarOffice 6.0

aru

flare

Frequent user

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:34 pm Post subject: StarOffice 6.0

I was having problems. I had installed StarOffice 6, it would open up, but never save a document. If I opened up a MS Word doc it would crash. I then read that I had installed it incorrectly. I needed to install it using the workstation version, according to a discussion on MandrakeClub. So I removed the packages, and re-installed. It still came up in the same mode.

The tip is to run the setup program /usr/lib/office60_en/setup, this then offers you the chance to remove all the files including the configuration ones.

That is not the final bit though, under each user directory there is a file call .sversionrc, remove each one.

Now you can run the StarOffice Setup from the Office-->Accessories menu. This time select workstation option.

Hope it helps.

Buzz_Killer

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:21 pm Post subject:

I attempted to follow your adivce and all the setup command did was give me an option to "repair" not uninstall. I chose the repair option and still had the same problem. I cant open word files. Can you refer me to the actual location where you got your info? Thanks for your help.

JeroenM

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:28 am Post subject:

I can't fully remember it but you might have to run it as root since you probably installed it as root.

Editor's note: This thread was originally posted at the old MUB (Mandrake User Board at club-nihil). This post is the result of a 99% automatic backup, so due to its nature some text may be lost (improbable but possible).