Getting Juno on my mandrake

Guest Mordaine

Guest Mordaine

Ok. Im one day new to mandrake. let alone linux. now im not lucky to have high speed broadband or anything like that. I have happy 56k. Now i use Juno for my ISP. Now i want to install it on my Mandrake system, but when i go to the site, i download the linux file, and its a .deb. And i read that that means debian linux. I dont know what to do, or anything. On mandrake it says it cant read it. I dont really know what to do. Any help step by step would be great. Im very sorry for bothering about this topic.

Guest Mordaine
Mandrake is a rpm based distro. Juno says the software is only available for Linspire OS (a debian based distro) so I guess it isn't open source (meaning the source is unavailable). Try: http://www.zevils.com/cgi-bin/man/man2html?alien+1 to convert the deb file to rpm.

thank you very much. Im sorry about bothering with these questions. I will let you know if it works tommorrow. I have a friend who is teaching me things about linux and Mandrake. As soon as i get this done i will let you know how it works. Thank you tons. :thanks:

.deb packages that work only with deb based systems? And built for Linspire?

Hello closed system Linux... :(

Mordaine, welcome to the board!

Good that you have a friend who's showing you around, that should make things a lot easier to get started.

Anyway, enjoy Linux!