Community 10.1 - urpmi can't update packages

mini

Mandrakelinux Community edition fits perfectly my requirements. I'm not that much of a freak to go for Cooker and Official is a... a bit to stable :)

Unfortunately using

urpmi.update main

to get the newest hdlist file or

urpmi --media main --auto-select

to update packages was always (sorry to say) pain in the ass. Typically urpmi.update will fail saying that hdlist.cz or synthesis.hdlist.cz file has incorrect MD5 sum. In fact I hardly ever succeeded to use synthesis file which I prefer to the bigger hdlist. And urpmi --auto-select either can't find files which are supposed to be in repository according to hdlist or packages itself have bad signitures.

As for today I have a problem with updating packages with urpmi --auto-select. Lot's of packages in repository have bad signitures. I've checked a couple of other mirrors and it's the same. They are all wrong the same way so I guess it's Mandrake who does a bad job. Thus I have a few questions: Am I doing something wrong or there are more people who have the same problem? In fact is there anyone using Community version? And if I'm not the only one why Mandrake can't get it right? It's kind of stupid to do a great job setting up a distribution like Mandrake and than fail at the last step to sign packages correctly.

I had the same problem (still do) with the bad signatures. It can be quite a pain to hit the "y" key for hundreds of packages, trust me I know :lol: Well, here is what I do before I update my system.

I do the standard "urpmi.upate -a" to update my package list.

then I do a "urpmi --force --auto-select"

that will automatically answer "yes" to all the confirmations, works like a charm for me :)

Mark