Color problems Epson 777

DoomedTX

I'm having a problem printing graphics on my Epson 777 under 10.1 with all updates.

My Epson 777 generally works fine printing in color. I can print this website or a picture of my son, for example, and they more or less have the correct colors.

However, when trying to print this file from OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 or GIMP it comes out as black and white only. In the GIMP, I can turn the saturation up to 8.0 and get *some* color in the cheeks, but mostly b&w. In OOo I get nothing but black & white. I have tried changing every setting I can find and still get nothing. The picture prints out fine on the same printer using Windows, so it's definitely some sort of MDK software problem. However, since the first .jpg has the correct colors I don't know where to start in fixing the .png file problem. Just to be sure it wasn't png specific I saved that second file as a jpg and got the same results.

I really hate having to go to windows to print from this printer. Any ideas on what else I can check?