MenuDrake changed in 10.1!

pbpersson

I am still a Linux newbie so I might not use all the right terms and names, but I have a complaint.

In Mandrake 10.0 PP there was a cool feature in MenuDrake where you could have the standard KDE menu but you could click on something like "include link to what to do?>>" and it was wonderful.

I liked having the standard KDE menu for my everyday stuff but if I was lost I could go to this "what to do" menu and if I wanted to burn a CD it would inform me I needed the K3DXYZ utillity which I never would have otherwise known how to find.

Now in version 10.1 PP when I go to MenuDrake I either need to choose the standard KDE menu (where I don't know what anything does) or the simplified "what do you want to do" (which looks stupid and which I don't typically need).

Am I missing something here? I messed around with this so much that now my KDE menu is totally scrambled and I'm going to use the instructions in the FAQ on this web site to rebuild it this evening.

Phil