Couple of questions about Mozilla

riseringseeker

I just installed mdk10.1 official on both my laptop and desktop computers. I installed Mozilla 1.7.2 (which came with 10.1) both browser and mail. I have two questions that a couple of hours of searching haven't resolved for me...

One, it seems the included (on the 10.1 official install disks) version of the mail program does not have a spell checker built-in. It seems to me the one in 10.0 did, but then again I *did* upgrade Mozilla there...

So the obvious first question is: How do I install a spell checker in this version of Mozilla Mail, or do I have to d/l and install a newer version?

I've been using the laptop quite a bit more than the desktop, so I do not know if both have this feature/bug, but when I scroll down a page, it keeps asking me if I want to search whatever URL the cursor is on. How do I disable this? If I want to search for something, I'll do so, and find it annoying that the program keeps thinking I want to do a search when all I've done is scroll down the page.

Regarding getting the spell checker. I think you need to download the offical version from Mozilla.org. I don't know of any way to install only the spell checker by itself.

Regarding your scrolling problem. I have not seen this behavior. After you download the offical version, see if this annoying behavior is still present. If it is, repost and we will work it out.

Scroll wheels can also act as a middle button, which can be mapped to do something strange. Do you get the same behaviour if you only use the button very lightly?

I might have been hitting the scroll area on the mouse pad a little too hard, haven't had that problem since I posted.