RSS news reader??

Guest honingbij

Guest honingbij

I am looking for a good RSS newsreader for Mandrake 10.1 I have the download 3 CD ´ś version. I could not find this on the CDś or I do not know Where to look for. Which one to use and where to find.?

My second question is about CD 4. Is it important to have this one to? and what is on it?

Hans

Depends on what you call good:

Most browsers do that: opera firefox etcetc.

Kontact (the mail/organizer/calander etcetc for KDE) has an integrated newsreader

And then there are the newsreaders: knewsticker etcetc.

Mo you don't need CD4. (urpmi.removemedia CD4) Read the FAQs about urpmi and add the contrib, main and plf.

Good luck.

Guest honingbij

I use Firefox 1.0 too. But could not find RSS feed reader functionality in this program. Akregator is not on one of the Official 3 CD download version. Is there any other program included in the 3 CD´s.

I probably can find Akregator on the internet. But I have great problems trying to install such a prgram. Firefox for example is still placed in /file/home/user. That is the same map as my other documents, Is not a good place, but where must I place Firefox in the directory structure of Mandrake 10.1

Hans

honingbij: in firefox, visit a webpage that has an rss feed on it, eg live.curry.com

and it will put an orange icon in hte bottom left. right click it, add the feed. it will put the feed in your bookmarks. Have a look in your bookmarks where you bookmarked it and there's all the news for you.

or use a seperate prorgam.

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/easyurpmi/

go to there and add some sources for your Mandrake install. Then you can install other programs not on the CDs from the internet.

Other ones of notice

Blam!

Snownews

Straw

Akregator

Liferea

amphetadesk

pears

Syndigator

pleenty more, most of these are available through install software, once you set it up via the link above.

iphitus