Clamav and Klamav install problems [SOLVED]

4ebees

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what is causing these problems. Here is what has happened so far:

Mandrake 10 Official,

Kernel: 2.6.3-19mdk

Only installed new kernel within the last 7 days. I have not had any other problems so far.

I have no odd configurations of anything. Pretty much vanilla.

These are the sites I entered using easy urpmi today:

urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/10.0 with hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia --update updates http://www.sunsite.org.uk/package/mandrake...dates/10.0/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.proxad.net/pub/Distributions_Li...6/Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandrak....0/contrib/i586 with ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrakelinu...b/jpackage/i586 with ../../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist3.cz

urpmi.addmedia club ftp://ftp.ens-cachan.fr/mirror/Mandrake/d...ndrakeclub/10.0 with hdlist.cz

Then when I tried to install clamav, today:

# urpmi clamav

To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed (3 MB):

clamav-0.80-1mdk.i586

clamav-db-0.80-1mdk.i586

Is this OK? (Y/n) y

The following packages have bad signatures:

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/clamav-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#26752624 NOT OK)

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/clamav-db-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#26752624 NOT OK)

Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N) n

I tried to install separately install using MCC package installer. I identified:

Name: libclamav1

Version: 0.80-1mdk

AND

Name: libclamav1-devel

Version: 0.80-1mdk

It downloaded them for installation and then I got a message saying that they have invalid signatures.

I retried with these:

urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/10.0 with hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia --update updates ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/pub/linux/Mandrakel...dates/10.0/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia main ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/Mandrak...6/Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/mandrakelinu....0/contrib/i586 with ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/mandra...b/jpackage/i586 with ../../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist3.cz

urpmi.addmedia club ftp://ftp.sunsite.org.uk/package/mandrake...ndrakeclub/10.0 with hdlist.cz

and got:

The following packages have bad signatures:

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/clamav-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#26752624 NOT OK)

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/clamav-db-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#26752624 NOT OK)

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libclamav1-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) (MISSING KEY) GPG#26752624 NOT OK)

Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N) y

so said Yes anyway.

installing /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/clamav-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/clamav-db-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libclamav1-0.80-1mdk.i586.rpm

Preparing... ##################################################

1:libclamav1 ##################################################

2:clamav-db ##################################################

touch: cannot touch `/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log': No such file or directory

chown: cannot access `/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log': No such file or directory

chmod: cannot access `/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log': No such file or directory

error: %pre(clamav-0.80-1mdk) scriptlet failed, 3:clamav exit status 1

##################################################

That said, if I go:

clamscan

it seems to work

Now, when installing Klamav, at the Dazuko module point in the process I get:

checking host system type... Linux

kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.3-19mdk/build... yes

acquiring Linux kernel code configuration... ok

checking if Linux is RSBAC patched... no

checking if devfs is enabled... yes

checking if Linux is 2.6... yes (2.6.3)

checking if security module support is enabled... no

error: security module support must be enabled in your kernel

I'm not sure what this about. Can anyone offer any advice/ideas?

Many thanks and Happy New Year.

don't worry about the key thing, they're just signed with the wrong one. It's still a Mandrake key (you can verify this by sticking it into Google), just not one urpmi is expecting to see from the source you're downloading from. I'm not sure about the klamav problem, but try installing and booting from kernel-secure ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi adamw,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the suggestion.

You were quite right about the key.

Re. the security issues: I might mail clamav or post on their site too (should have thought about that the first time - don't know why I didn't :screwy: )

I'd find it odd that they didn't suggest something like this in their 'destructions' if this was so necessary.

:thanks:

Marked the thread Solved - Artificial Intelligence