Evolution 2.0.1 crashing

neilinoz

Hi. I run Mdk 10.1 with KDE 3.2. My preferred email client is Evolution, which served me well when I was with Mandrake 9.1 and 10.0.

Now that I've upgraded, Evolution 2.0.1 seems to be quite annoying. I do have a quibble about there not being a "front page" that has a summary of things like tasks, calendar dates and inbox status (the Evolution in 10.0 had this, as does Microsoft Outlook).

But the major problem is this:

When I am not connected, I sometimes need to compose an email that is then kept sitting in the inbox until I dial up again. This is because I only have one phone line and we need to keep it open obviously!

The problem is that when you are composing an email while off-line, after about 3 minutes, Evolution crashes. According to the Gnome system monitor, evolution falls "asleep" - it is still running, but I can't access it at all. The email that is being typed cannot be restored.

My poor wife had typed half an email 5-6 times before she almost killed me complaining about Linux and how things were so much better with Windows (and even Mandrake 10.0).

When we are online, however, emails can quite easily be written.

Can anyone help?