video editing / DVD authoring software

papaschtroumpf

I'm capturing the Xmas children classics on TV I'm in the (USA) to DVD compatible mpg2 format on my windows machine (that's where the TV card is)

Fot those of you not familiar with american TV, that means a commercial (ad) break every 15 minutes or so.

Is ther good software to edit the mpg2 to remove the commercials and have a "clean" movie (i.e. mpg2 editing, possibly with automatci scene detection to make it easier to find the commercials)

A secondary question: I want to put multiple movies on a single DVD, with menus and possibly chapter bookmarks: is ther a good DVD authoring software under linux?

Thanks

I know 2 that have worked for me: GOPchop and Avidemux. GOPchop works best but is a pain to install. There is no rpm and for it to build you need an ancient version of gtk.

Avidemux works some of the times but mostly I'm getting remove missing b frames error messages.

DV non lineair editors: there are some: kdenlive is nice. However you need to convert the mpeg2 file to dv and back. (which is a pain)

Commercial software: there is a german company that has a linux version of it's video editing software. I can't remeber the name though.

DVD making: dvdauthor is a set of tools that works pretty good.