10.1 Postfix with Pop

Albus

Alrighty! Here I go.

I've had a debian console only server for a while, but when my windows workstation croaked I chose to upgrade to Mandrake as it's the only distro that has built-in support for all my hardware. WHOOP!

Well anyway, I got Postfix configged ok and the pop daemons are installed and are listening netstat verified) but things like KMail can't access the pop boxes. I get server timeout errors.

Any idea what may be causing this? I will provide my postfix mian.cf if required, because I may have the mail_command setting wrong. Let me know if I need to post that.

Edited by Albus

Look at all the replies! What a warm weloome. :D j/k ... I know it's hard to keep up at these forums. Anyway, I got most of it all working now except for one small thing. In the KMail client I can send if I choose "sendmail" as the protocol type, but if I choose SMTP and put the values in that a user outside the LAN would use, it won't connect. Even if I use 'localhost' or the IP, it still refuses. Any clues?