squid module on mandrake 10.1 control center

tr3s

hi! need some help here..

i successfully installed mandrake 10.1 community along with the squid and squidGuard package. the problem is i cant find the squid module in MCC so that i can configure squid graphically. i've seen some screen shots of the squid module under the server wizard module but server wizard is not available neither in the MCC.

any idea please..

thanks a lot!!

check out my post #3 HERE for Squid proxy configuration. it's not a GUI method, but's it's very easy none the less.

any questions, feel free to ask.

Chris

Edited by chris z

yah thanks chris..

i also managed to get squid working in my redhat box. but having this feature (even the server wizard module for other server configuration such as samba, etc.) available in MCC would reallly help us (not techy users) a lot.

heard some comments that i should update the urpmi or rpmdrake to have that module enabled. if it's so then please give some info bout this.

tnx again

ok.........

sorry, i missunderstood the question. there is an add on package to MCC that gives you options to several different server wizards. the package is called drakwizard. it does have a proxy wizard which is a graphical front end to configure Squid. i've never used it though, so i can't vouch for it's reliability. i can't remember if drakwizard is hidden on the CD's, is part of an update, or if it's on the "main" source at Easy URPMI. use MCC software installer & search for drakwizard. if it don't come up, the go to easy urpmi & set up a "main" source, then search again. or, you could install in terminal as root with.......... urpmi drakwizard.

Chris