Installation problems with MDK 10.1

Guest Safo

Hello Every1,

I just decided to use linux a week ago, and I downloaded the iso files, and this is where the problem started, i didn't know they were image files which i can use nero to burn, i thought image files had the .img extension, anyways, i can't remember how, i managed to unpackage the iso files, and got them into seperate folders on my computer, then burnt the contents of each older onto a cd, now, the first cd would not boot! so, i looked around the cd and managed to create a boot disk using rawwrite.exe, now the system boots from the disk, I insert the cdrom, and choose enter to start installing, then i am faced with a problem, something that tells me that a file is missin ( /sysroot/tmp/images/install/stage2/mdkinst_stage2.bz2 )

now when using rawwrite, i chose the image file from the cd as

d:\install\images\cdrom.img

and i did find the required file in the directory

( d:\install\stage2\mdkinst_stage2.bz2 )

but i donno how to tell the setup program that it is looking in the wrong location!! or what the reason for this problem could be! can any1 help me?!?!

i tried to explain my problem with as much detail as possible! hope u can help!

thanx!

• 2 weeks later...

You can burn iso images with nero. Just select "burn CD image" (i can't remember what it is exactly) and when nero ask you for the files, change the .img extension to .iso.

That's all, you'll be able to see the mandrake iso files.

Your CDs will be bootable.