Mandrake 10.1 Community [SOLVED]

Guest souldreamer

Guest souldreamer

Hi. I'm a bit noob.

Well, when i try to instal MDK 10.1 Community Edition, in the begining (still in text mode) i see several lines saying:

hda: min request size : 1024KiB (or max, i dont remember)

hda: lost interrupt

Do you know what the problem is?

I have a P4 2.8GHz, 60 + 120 Gb of disc, 1Gb of RAM, ATi 9200 and only one DVD+/-RW drive.

Edited by souldreamer

uuh... are there any partitions on your harddisk? if yes, which size? and which type of harddisk do you use (e.g. ide drive, sata drive,...)

i am not sure if the 1gb memory could cause some trouble. some distros have a maximum ram restriction, but i do not know if mdk has the (infamous, old, annoying) 1gb limit...

ps.: being a bit "noob" is okay. i am also a noob in certain respects. ;)

yes, i guess you are right, but i only thought about this possibility because one user at linux-web.de forums had too much ram and this irritated his comp to that degree that some of his other hardware (all ide-devices) wasn't identified correctly. don't ask me why this happened. it is a puzzle to me, but once he removed some ram, everything was okay again.... :unsure:

Guest souldreamer

They are both IDE disks. The first one, my main disc, have a partition of 40Gb (for windows, dual boot) and 30Gb free (to install mdk). The second one has only one partition with the whole disk size (120 GB)

Quoting iphitus:

Does the system work fine? - No, i can't even install it

Does this only happen in bootup? - on the install bootup

Does it repeat or only happen once? - allways, i even tried to boot from 2nd and 3rd cd.

EDIT: Windows is working without any problem.

Edited by souldreamer

• 2 weeks later...

It's always that flippin' noapic :D. This will probably improve to some extent with 10.2; the kernel is being patched so apic won't be enabled if it's turned off in the BIOS. This should mean a lot more machines with broken APIC support will work without having to pass the noapic option explicitly. So yay for that. :)