triple boot

wramas

Hi, I have a problem with the newly installed grub bootloader of fedora. It overwrites the current Lilo boatloader of mandrake.

When i start to boot the only OS available is Fedora and Windows. I guess i made some mistakes when i installed the fedora core. Isn't it?

Should i not install a grub bootloader during fedora installation. If yes, should the Lilo bootloader recognizes the fedora core os?

:screwy:

help.. pls..

well, usually, lilo and grub only recognize one linux-system by default. it is quite irrelevant if you use lilo or grub. you simply have to edit the bootloader-file, so other linux-systems will be added. you will find the lilo.conf or grub.conf in your /etc folder. after editing the files, you have rewrite (=update) the bootloader (in case of lilo, type lilo -v) to the mbr.

look for some howtos on grub and/or lilo. there are lots, covering multi-os configurations. we also have one such manual in the tips+tricks section. read the stuff and if there are further questions, just ask. :)

Depending on which system you want in charge, you can reinstall the bootloader for that system (.e.g go back to mandrake and rerun lilo). Additionally, for lilo at least, you need to add an entry for Fedora.

I wrote this awhile back, give it a look (its in our FAQ section) and let us know if it works :)

http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=5082