10.1 Disk Check Error

Guest SoldierofHyrule

Guest SoldierofHyrule

Ok. I just downloaded the iso's, and it looked like a winrar file but i burned it to a cd as a bootable disk. Did i do that part right? Next once i downloaded all 3 to cd's i put the first one in and rebooted my pc and it says disk check error. and it tells me to press enter i do and it just starts Windows What did i do wrong/ How cani fix it?

I just downloaded the iso's, and it looked like a winrar file but i burned it to a cd as a bootable disk.

That sounds like the isos were improperly burned. Here's the problem. The windows winrar program has the ability to read and manipulate isos. Unfortunately, winrar automatically associates any iso with itself and sticks a winrar extension on any iso file you download. If you let winrar open the iso and burned the data on the iso as a bootable cd it won't boot.

Here's what you should do. Redownload the isos and don't let winrar touch it. Open your cd burning program and burn the iso as an image. Do not. repeat, do not burn as a bootable cd. if you do it won't boot. You can also open winrar and reconfigure it to not associate winrar with iso files to play it safe.

The iso files are an exact block by block copy of the original cd and will produce a bootable cd if burned as an image. The option to make a bootable cd in your cd burning program will completely screw this up and should not be used. That option is used to make an otherwise not bootable data cd bootable. Always burn an iso as an image.

Edited by pmpatrick