Add/Remove Programs in Linux?

BluesRenegade

How do I completely uninstall gaim?

How do I completely uninstall mozilla?

How do I completely uninstall openoffice?

Mozilla, OpenOffice, and many other apps strongly recommend uninstalling the old version BEFORE installing a new version. In Linux, that is a lot easier said than done. It's no sweat in Windows, so please tell me how to do it in Linux so I can get the latest versions installed and up and running properly.

I have downloaded the latest version of gaim, per the advice message that popped up in the software while running it. Since it is the smallest app of the 3 I specifically asked for help with, I think it will be the one I will cut my teeth on.

Thanks in advance!

After posting this message, I started digging around the forums and looked at the FAQ. I thought I found the answer in the FAQ, "RPM-02: How to use Urpmi And Solving RPM Dependencies."

Here are the commands easyurpmi.zarb.org said to run in console as root:

urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/10.1 with hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrakelinux/...i586/media/main with media_info/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrakelinux/...6/media/contrib with media_info/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.phys.ttu.edu/pub/mandrakelinux/.../media/jpackage with media_info/hdlist.cz

After completing all of those, I ran the following command per Step 3,

urpmi --auto-select --no-verify-rpm --auto

Installed/updated were a few codecs, Magick, and a few other apps, which all appeared to be media related apps. Was hdlist.cz overwritten each time?

What wasn't updated were the apps I really wanted updated: Gaim, Mozilla, and OpenOffice.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Blues