wireless broadband, suggestions

next month we FINALLY get broadband where i live and are thinking about getting it set up so its wireless. i guess it doesnt reall matter about the router as i guess any old wireless router will work (or will it??) more so the network car really, i have a PC on mandrake cooker and was wondering if anyone could suggest a cheap wireless network card that would be compatible with mandrake.

....i say cheap, i wouldnt worry about that, just in relation to other wireless network cards i guess

Moved from Hardware by Darkelve

hhmmmm i dont know if you missunderstood, i dont need a howto, just a product suggestion. basiclaly it would be nice if someone could suggest a card that they have (used) that they know works. and we will be getting a wireless router which should set up the network dhcp etc...wont it, ie the BT voyager router thing (sorry i dont remember names)

i have a wireless b card that is the dlink dwl-650 (can't remember the version) and it works great. my wife has a broadcom 94306 (or some combination of those numbers) and it also works well. it is a wireless g card. they both work easily enough under linux using the ndiswrapper. there's probably an easier way, but i set up scripts to run which set parameters i choose so i have more than one set of settings than what is default in the ifcfg-wlan0 file.

sounds hopeful, i was actually looking at just getting a BT kit which comes with one of their cards...but from past experience im suspicous its actually just a different card with BT plastered all over it like my ISDN card. ill look into it a little further. oh and does anyone know if mandrake control center can setp up wireless networking or do i have to do it manually??