problems installing PPC

Guest wayy2muchpsi

Guest wayy2muchpsi

ok 1st i would like to start off and say that I am still a huge newbie and dont give me to much crap because i sometimes have no idea what im talking about but im trying to learn and move up.

so i have a Ibook and i HATE OSx and want to install mandrake i used it on a PC before and loved it, anyway i download all the iso files and then i figure what the hell ill boot on it , i restart boot on the cd and go into set up (mind you not messing with the mac partition at all in mac) so I start to instill 9.1 i figured it would be easy and mandrake would del. the old partitions of apple and create its own like on a pc but no it errored out when i hit del. all , so i did it manualy and del. my old parititions. knowning i *****ed up i retart and apple goes to its blank mode with the folder and the face, i reboot on the cd and try to create my own paritions and I think i have it because it starts to install and when i get it installed i restart and it goes into the open firmware and i type the commands in mandrake said in the install but it didnt work , came up with an error. and when i start to make a paritition on my own it starts at hda5. Im really confuessed and I've tryed to read everything i could and nothing has really helped it someone could break it down for me. that would be great thanks.