Error retrieving packages

Guest Ali_Baba

Guest Ali_Baba

After i try to update, i.e. run the mandrakeupdate package, it will end with an error retrieving packages. After choosing a mirror, it tries to update, but it stops with:

Error retrieving packages:

It impossible to retrieve the list of new packages from the media 'update_source'.....

This is so with every mirror i choose.

that sounds to me like a mirror is currently down, unavailable, or updating itself. does this occur every time, with every mirror, over a period of time (like from one day to the next) or just over a period of several minutes, selecting one mirror after another? if it's the latter, i'd say wait for several hours or a day, then try again.

Chris

ok...........

what version of Mandrake are you running? and, where you you getting the update mirrors from? are you using Mandrake Control Center to select mirrors, or are you using Easy Urpmi? if it's Easy Urpmi, are you sure you're selecting mirrors for your version of Mandrake? IE: 10.1 update mirrors won't work with 10.0 & vice versa.

and, if you are using 10.1 & choosing the correct mirrors, from what i've been reading, it seems that 10.1 mirrors are closed right now due to major updates. if that' the case, you'll just have to wait until the mirror updates are complete. how long will that take? i dunno.

Chris

Edited by chris z