How to add medium: Installation disk??

Guest Ali_Baba

Guest Ali_Baba

After installing Mandrake 10.1 Community, I accidentally removed the installation disk 1,2,3 entries in the software media manager. How can I re-add them??

I don't know whist hdlist to choose because for example on CD1 there are these:

compss hdlist2.cz provides rpmsrate

compssUsers.pl hdlist3.cz pubkey1 synthesis.hdlist1.cz

depslist.ordered hdlists pubkey2 synthesis.hdlist2.cz

hdlist1.cz MD5SUM pubkey3 synthesis.hdlist3.cz

Which one should i choose?

i don't use 10.1, but if it works the same as previous versions of Mandrake, to add the CD sources..........

open Mandrake Control Center->software management->media. click "add", choose the "removable media" option, insert CD1 (mount it if neccessary), browse to the /mnt/cdrom directory where the CD is located, click "ok" -> " name it then click "add". don't worry about the hdlist........... leave that blank. it will build the list automatically. when it's done, remove the CD (unmount first, if neccessary) & repeat the procedure for each additional CD.

note: if you have a fast internet connection, you don't even need the CD sources. you can go to Easy URPMI, set up a "main" & "contrib" source & you'll get anything that's on the CD's that way. also, you should set up a "plf" source for lots of extra goodies.

Chris

Edited by chris z

Guest Ali_Baba

Thank you very much..

note: if you have a fast internet connection, you don't even need the CD sources. you can go to Easy URPMI, set up a "main" & "contrib" source & you'll get anything that's on the CD's that way. also, you should set up a "plf" source for lots of extra goodies.

I do not have a update_source at my media.. Is this the cause that this doesn't work?

again, not using 10.1, but you need to add the update source. just click on "updates" & if it's the first time you're getting updates, a dialogue box will guide you through selecting an update mirror, automatically add the update mirror, then search for the updates & allow you to install them. if you pick a mirror & it says it can't connect, use the media manager to remove the update source, then click add->update source & choose another mirror. you can also get update sources via Easy URPMI. it's always advisable to get any available updates before you start installing various things, because there may be updates to the packages you are installing, especially with a new release.

if those methods still don't give you an update source, then you'll have to wait for somebody using 10.1 to help you. it may be a bug that i'm not aware of.

Chris

Edited by chris z