Annoying Problems

Guest ipirate

Guest ipirate

I have been having some very annoying problems with my newly installed Mandrake Linux Server: (I'm running Mandrake 9.0 and the GNOME environment)

1. The damn Mandrake Control Center is way to big for my screen. Everything else fits fine, and I can adjust the size of them and see the scroll bars. But the Control Center is so big that I can't even see any of the sides of the window unless I maximize it (then I see only the middle part of the top) VERY ANNOYING. Can anyone help?

2. Everytime I reboot the network configuration forgets what I put in it. I set it up, it works with my network. I reboot and its a brand new day for my box..the network doesn't work at all. Suggestions?

**3. How do I install drakewiz?

Thanks guys, in advance.

**Not really a problem, just thought I would ask instead of doing another post.

Guest ipirate

ok, I figured out #1 and #2. Hold ALT + left click. Not great, but I have a really crappy graphics card in there, so the res is really low. (how do I upgrade that without making linux flip out? by the way...) and I was having problems with the computer initilizing the ethernet card becuase the card had a problem with it.

So the only questions i have now are:

How do you install wizdrake (so I can configure my servers, the box's main use)

and how can I upgrade the hardware with out having to reinstall linux on there?

It's been a while since I've done this so it may not work so well anymore but, in terms of upgrading hardware, it should just be a case of doing it and letting harddrake pick up the changes.

If that doesn't work then changing your graphics card should really just be a case of reconfiguring X. Try it via MCC first and if that doesn't work run xfconfig and make sure you have technical details of your card, monitor etc to hand

So the only questions i have now are:

How do you install wizdrake (so I can configure my servers, the box's main use) 

I don't have much faith in the network wizards, i prefer to do it manually. But if you want to install them, consol>>su to root>>:

urpmi drakwizard

Or type drakwizard in the MCC install software section.