For your LiveCD

Frederick

Hi everybody,

I just posted an updated version of a script (in fact three scripts now merged into one) that I wrote to install flash player 7, Real Player 10 and SPDBV 3.7 (a chemistry tool) for my own livecd in the WORKBENCH forum.

I thought I'd let you people know since this forum has been of great help to me in the past for making my livecd.

The thread is called:

New script to download Real Player and Flash

You can create a link to it on your desktop (select the 'run in terminal' option and run it like that.

It can be used on any computer (at least i think it can :P ) and you can even use it to download the software for your desktop if you don't have them already.

The script relies on wget to fetch the files on the internet.

Please send me feedback on this thread if any of the url's are wrong, i'll modify them.

Next step, a GUI! :D

-----Update: September 30th--------

I now have completed both a script for installing Realplayer and flash as said above, but also a script to create a livecd through an interface that is a little bit more intuitive than the command line (although it is strictly speaking command line).

Please send feedback on both scripts to help me improve them.

Note: the script for creating the livecd should be used as root since mklivecd is a command only available to root.

FILES ATTACHED TO THIS THREAD.

ChemLiveCD_Devel.zip

Edited by Frederick