games for FC2

null

I haven't played anything since Doom 1 & 2 back in the 90s on windoze. Now that I have a decent FC2 machine, I'd like to try some of the newer games out there. I'd like to try a few that are simple & straight-forward to install and work under linux with no probs (no emulation...).

I've never even seen UT or HL or any of the other "post Doom" games, even on windoze.

My FC2 rig has 512Mb RAM, an FX-5200 128Mb video card 128Mb, but no joystick. I guess thats not too bad for most games.

By simple & straight-forward to install, I mean like that I'd be really happy if I could do a yum install whatever-game and have it work perfectly...

Installing Quake 3 is not too difficult, but the easiest install I have seen so far is Unreal Tournament 2004.

The Linux installer comes on the discs you buy (one disc if DVD - recommended) and you just run it. Very easy.

Of course, you must have direct rendering.

$ glxinfo | grep direct

guess most of the good ones are 'must buy"

cybr - which of the 2 free ones you mentioned do you think is more playable, more fun, or whatever...? I'm not much of a gamer, I mostly like the FPS's like old doom - shoot everything that moves. Not too interested in RPG's...

I may buy doom 3 for linux when it comes out, if my linux machine has enough guts to handle it...

Of course, you must have direct rendering.

CODE

$ glxinfo | grep direct

it said Yes