Mandrake 9.0 Doesn't See Mouse

Guest awayken

I recently decided to try a Linux distribution. I tried Linspire, formally Lindows, for a while, but hated how I couldn't get any software for it unless I paid them a subscription. So, I decided to try a more mainstream Linux distribution.

My problem is that I have installed, and it seems to work fine. The issue is that my mouse doesn't seem to be supported. It didn't see my mouse during the install and doesn't see it now that I am trying to use Mandrake.

I bought a wireless, optical keyboard and mouse combo from Microsoft. The items are, of course, wireless. I had been using the USB connector instead of the optional PS/2 connectors. I've run the Harddrake utility and it doesn't seem to detect my mouse. I've tried many different configurations, but none of them make any difference.

I would really like to use Mandrakelinux, but I would really hate to be without a mouse. I don't know near the amount of keyboard shortcuts for Linux as I do with Windows, and I don't want to switch back if I don't have to.