ACK! KDE 3.3 Menu issue

steward75

I saw a thread abotu this SOMEWHERE over the internet through my compiling of KDE 3.3 on Mandrake 10.0, HOWEVER it did not apply to me at that moment and I forget where I ran across it so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Like I said I installed KDE 3.3 throguh Konstruct on MDK 10. After minor tinkering I was able to get it to go through completely. Everything looks to work, however, The Menus in the KDE Start Menu are messed up. The listings display something like "(&)(&)(&)(&)(!)(!)(!)&(!)(!)Utilities" Etc, etc throughout each listing in the menu structure. HAs anyone ran across this problem? And any idea on how I can fix it?

Thanks very much.

Nope didn't work. Any more suggestions?

What this is specifically having trouble with is the underlined characted in the menus. It displays a (!) before the underlined character after the 2nd time viewing the menu, then every time after that it adds a (!) to the listing, then eventually a (&). Would this be a problem with the Font system? My display driver? OR a bad build of the Kmenu thingy?

Any thoughts? Ideas? Thanks.

Edited by steward75