Game icons

DOlson

I'm interested in having the best possible icon set for Linux games.

You can see the current set I'm using, which consists of a mixture of the original icon, someone elses icons, and some that I've done or modified myself in this screenshot:

http://aslan.no-ip.com/~dana/screenshot.png

If you have any that look better than those, or if you have icons for games that I don't have. please email them to me or post links. Once I get an entire nice collection, I'll submit it to some theme sites.

The preferred size is 64x64 or 128x128.

My icons aren't nearly as nice as the ones you've created, but I notice I'm not the only one to make Transparencies on Quake 3 and Terminus icons,...

I have a couple of converted icons for the games I run in WineX (I know, you hate WineX, DOlson). For example, I have some Trek icons. But other than that, it's 20 color stuff...

For fonts, I just enabled AA in the KDE control center.

Freespace runs fine. AFAIK, Freespace 2 runs even better.

I haven't got around to recompiling Freespace yet, but I will soon, and I'll make a MDK9 RPM.

I haven't got around to recompiling Freespace yet, but I will soon, and I'll make a MDK9 RPM.

when you do, let me know. i need to work on getting freespace 2 working..along w/some other games i hear work.

when you do, let me know. i need to work on getting freespace 2 working..along w/some other games i hear work.

I'll be posting it here. :)

It uses the same CVS source as Freespace 2 does, but there is a patch for it or something. I have the files, but I'm busy programming a game for school right now.

I just recently got some Icons ported over to PNG format. They include, Jedi Outcast, Fallout, Pax Imperia, Imperium Galactica, Spider-man (non-movie), Neverwinter Nights (re-colored to look "blue-er" than the ICO file), and one or two others. Of course most of those icons only are appropriate for Wine/WineX running games, but I'm happy to share them.

I've also written some scripts that are usefull for running wine/winex games from the desktop... I'd be happy to share them as well.