mandrake help

Guest KoolDrew

Guest KoolDrew

I just installed Mandrake and I hate the resolution it is at and for some reason in the options I cannot make it any higher then 1024 x 768. How do I chnage this to something higher?

Also I accidentally set the wrong time xone so how to I change that to the right time?

Ok, let's tackle one issue at a time. I'll grab the easiest one first: Timezone. If you're using KDE (Gnome too, I think) right click on the clock, go to Adjust date/time. I think that's the right option. It will ask for your root password. You can adjust the timezone there.

Now, for your second issue.

How big is your monitor? Does it go to resolutions above 1024x768? These are things I would need to know before I continue. I can tell you how to access those resolutions, but it might break your system in doing so if your hardware won't support the higher resolutions.

Guest KoolDrew

Thanks the time issue is fixed and my monitor can support resolutions over 1024x768. Just not at 85Hz. I would have to lower the refresh rate if I higher the resolution but I always have my resolution alot higher then this on windows