Ethernet not working - SIS900 & others *Fixed*

Guest Holbrookau

Guest HaloScan

Good to know. I have the same card integrated in the motherboard but it didn't work in any mandrake or redhat version so I got a Linksys card (Tulip drivers) which have always worked for me.

I guess now I can have 2 network cards working on the same computer. :)

Guest CloakedPenguin

I don't know how linux will handle it but I do know that Windows doesn't like having two ethernet cards in operation at the same time. Hmmm I wonder if I could get even faster downloads with my DSL? :twisted:

Guest HaloScan

From what I've read so far, many people have been successful with 2 network cards in the same box. In fact just about everyone using Mdk's Network firewall product use 2 network cards to turn their box into a router.

I'm not sure what I can do take advantage of this. I guess I *could* send files to 2 other computers on the LAN network using 1 card per file/computer. ;) I doubt my harddrives would be able to match that speed though.

Regarding using two network cards together, I have a router at home using two network cards with mdk-9.0. Redhat-8.0, however, had a kernel panic when dealing with the two PCI network cards on the same machine.