Konqueror as file manager

Horty

Hi.

Just wondering as to how I can configure Konqueror to start by default with a similar layout to Windows Explorer (i.e. 2 panes with tree view on left and details view on right) when I double click on a drive object on the desktop.

Regards,

Horty

- Start your konqueror as filemanager/ 'home' icon or whatever

- F9

- go to: Settings --> Save profile filemanagement --> save

If you want to create a new desktop icon, then the command is:

kfmclient openProfile filemanagement

You can set everything on the left and the right as you like it, then you would save this profile. Next time it will remember your settings.

Anna,

Thanks for the feedback.

I set up a profile consistent with the look I wanted when browsing a disk, and saved it, but when I restarted Konqueror, it reverted to the default look, and I had to get into the settings menu to recall my saved profile. Is there a way to start my saved profile by default, or do I have to enable it each time through settings.?

Ive spent quite a while going through Konquerorś settings and the manual, and not really found much that is relevant to what I am trying to achieve.

Regards,

Horty.

you must have forgotten to save your settings. as you might see, there is under settings the file-management selection. go to it, then press f9 in order to set the tree on the left then you have to go to settings again and save the filemanagement profile. and you can further save the size of your window by right-clicking on top of the window, selecting advanced and then save window-settings.