ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586

Guest cyberlinux

Guest cyberlinux

Hi, I tried to install mandrakelinux 10 to my pc but i encountered some error "error in installation package ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586 " why this happend? hope to help me guys....

By the way may PC setup

Pentium III 1 gighz

128 Ram

40 Gig Hardisk

hi, cyberlinux and welcome aboard. :)

the package you refer to is not a critical package, your computer will work without it. as your cd-rom package won't load, i suggest you install the package via urpmi. open a console, log in as root (type "su" then enter password) and type "urpmi <packagename>". if urpmi says "no packages" then maybe you have to set up some mirrors first. this can be done via easyurpmi. (http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php)

Guest cyberlinux

Thanks Arctic, how do I go to console? my mandrake 10 installation not finished I have nothing any distro of Linux installed on my pc, my previous OS is Winxp and I reformat my hardisk before I make installation of Mandrake..

oooh... i thought the install went on although the package didn't load. then try the following. do a minimal install, using only system relevant packages. every additional software can be installed afterwards. if that works, then you can enter the console from any desktop environment (blackbox, icewm, kde, ...).

tell us how you get along. once your install is completed, we will watch for the other stuff. if you install still breaks then your cd is probably a bad burn. just keep us informed.

good luck :thumbs:

hi, cyberlinux and welcome aboard. :)

Hello

Just checked with more attention /root/drakx/ddebug.log and found following

* selecting new medium '4' 
* read header file /mnt/tmp/headers/aspell-ru-0.50.2-4mdk.i586 
* read header file /mnt/tmp/headers/man-pages-ru-0.7-2mdk.noarch 
* opened rpmdb for writing in /mnt 
* opened rpm database for transaction of 2 new packages, still 0 after that to do 
* rpm transactions start 
* getFile man-pages-ru-0.7-2mdk.noarch.rpm:Installation CD 4 (x86) 
* refusing medium 4 
* bad package aspell-ru-0.50.2-4mdk.i586 
* bad package man-pages-ru-0.7-2mdk.noarch 
* opened rpm database for retry transaction of 1 package only 
* rpm transactions start 
* getFile aspell-ru-0.50.2-4mdk.i586.rpm:Installation CD 4 (x86) 
* refusing medium 4 
* retrying installing package aspell-ru-0.50.2-4mdk.i586 alone in a transaction 
* opened rpm database for retry transaction of 1 package only 
* rpm transactions start 
* getFile aspell-ru-0.50.2-4mdk.i586.rpm:Installation CD 4 (x86) 
* refusing medium 4

So my missed packages are supposed to be on CD4!

That's interesting! I only know about 3 official MDK CD's.

Where I can get this CD?

Or how to get missed rpms ?

PS:Anyway, I do not care about this packages - I use MDK completely in English

Just for the future.

Edited by murzilla

well, murzilla, the package stuff is not so dramatic. you can add all media with urpmi. just go to easyurpmi http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php and set up your system (you seem to have mdk10 CE but you can set it up as mdk10 OE in easyurpmi). once you have all mirrors set up, you can grab the relevant packages the following way:

open a console (like xterm or konsole or ... they do have a black monitor icon in kde and gnome, otherwise, head in menut to -> system -> terminals and select one console),

type urpmi <packagename>

urpmi will take care of the dependencies. :)

So my missed packages are supposed to be on CD4!

That's interesting! I only know about 3 official MDK CD's.

Where I can get this CD?

It is possible to find an iso of CD4, but as Mandrakesoft have a policy of only distributing this to Mandrake Club members, this board has decided not to provide links in the forum. :)

Guest cyberlinux

Error still the same, :( in packaging group selection I only choose configuration,console tools, and KDE workstation.

error "there was and error installing packages: ldconfig-2.3.3-10mdk.i586 go on anyway" and have an option YES or NO either YES or NO i choose i can't continue because error messages always pop up

Where you get installation form?CD's or ISO images or you installing from HD?

If ISO have you checked MD5 sums on this images?If from CD or HD can you check whether ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586 is somewhere in /mandrake/Rpms/ ?

I downloaded ISO images, unpacked it into HD.

"ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586.rpm" package is in my /Mandareke/Rpms directory.

If ISO have you checked MD5 sums on this images?If from CD or HD can you check whether ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586 is somewhere in /mandrake/Rpms/ ?

agreed. it looks as if your cd is a bad burn or incomplete. check the md5 sum. when burning a new cd, don't burn it at the highest speed but something slower (e.g. x12), thus reducing the risk of a bad burn.

note: here is some info about ldconfig, if you accidently want to know what it is about/what it is good for. http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/ldconfig.8.html

Edited by arctic

Guest cyberlinux

If ISO have you checked MD5 sums on this images?If from CD or HD can you check whether  ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586 is somewhere in /mandrake/Rpms/ ?

I downloaded ISO images,  unpacked it into HD.

"ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586.rpm" package is in my /Mandareke/Rpms directory.

agreed. it looks as if your cd is a bad burn or incomplete. check the md5 sum. when burning a new cd, don't burn it at the highest speed but something slower (e.g. x12), thus reducing the risk of a bad burn.

note: here is some info about ldconfig, if you accidently want to know what it is about/what it is good for. http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/ldconfig.8.html

Hello Arctic & Murzilla, I tried to open Disc1 and search the file you said under /mandrake/rpms folder and I saw a file of "ldconfig-2-3-3-10mdk.i586.rpm"

@ Artic I used also to Check tne MD5 Sums of this file and compare it to the site and it was the same...

Should I burn the ISO file again in x12 speed? ok i try it now then i inform you guys what will happen..

by the way here's my screenshot for my file under /mandrake/rpms folder

screenshot22.jpg

Edited by cyberlinux